Human Resources Coordinator
Our client is seeking an HR Coordinator/Operations Specialist to join their team! This is a direct hire opportunity with an excellent benefit package! Ideal person will have experience with payroll, compensation, recruitment and benefits and supporting the President and VP of the department.
- Conducts pre-employment screenings such as phone screens, first interviews, criminal background checks, credit investigations, and pre-employment testing.
- Monitors and updates all recruiting systems - including job postings internally and on job boards/sites, review sites, and resume tracking system
- Updates and maintains HRIS software systems including running payroll. Runs status reports, payroll and compensation reports, termination/turnover reports, etc. as needed.
- Updates and maintains monthly regulatory reports, and monthly HR department reports. Updates and researches payroll issues as required. Balances appropriate GLs with the accounting departments.
- Assists with trainings and conferences as needed including ordering lunches, conference spaces etc.
- Performs many administrative functions for the VP/HR & Marketing and HR team, including spreadsheets, power point presentations, training and development documents, etc.
- Handles employee events, including reservations, invites, coordination, communication and payment.
- Conducts new employee orientation and collects new employee paperwork. Maintains all formal HR files and employee handbook. Updates programs and materials as needed.
- Assists with annual benefits enrollment for group health, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, and other plans
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working in Human Resources
- A bachelor's degree, or achievement of formal certifications recognized in the industry as equivalent to a bachelor's degree (e.g. certifications in lieu of a degree)
- Interpersonal Skills Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for the purpose of first-level conflict resolution, building relationships, and soliciting cooperation Excellent Communication skills - Discussions involve a higher degree of confidentiality and discretion, requiring diplomacy and tact in communication
- Experience with Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook Zenefits, Performance Pro, Compease
- Must be able to pass a background check, credit check, drug screening, Must be a US Citizen to obtain a clearance